Friday, October 2, 2009

Hollywood Floss Exclusive Interview




Hollywood Floss has been blazing through the underground scene in Houston and is poised to make a run for national coverage. If things go right for him you may see him as one of hip hop's top freshmen next year. We caught up with Hollywood Floss to talk music, motivation, blogs and 2010.

For those who don't know, who is Hollywood Floss?

H.F. First off i want to thank you for taking the time to interview me, its an honor and who is Hollywood FLOSS... hmm ... A musically refreshing rapper/producer from the Houston, TX. furthermore follow me on twitter.com/hwflossss ... lol ... promo early haha

How would you rate your 2009, on a scale of 1- 10?

H.F. At this point i truly feel my 2009 was an 8 ... I set and completed goals, my music has really reached a bigger audience and i established myself in the music game. I feel only getting signed or being able to make music for a living would make it a 10

You've been getting alot of blog coverage lately, what impact has that had on your career?

H.F. The media coverage is really a shining moment and a blessing in my career right now; It basically lets me know there's a true space in this rap game for me and an exciting feeling to know that people relate to my life thru music

Your an anomoly in many ways, a college educated rapper who teaches middle school and doesn't drink or smoke, what's your motivation?

H.F. Thats not an anomaly, thats a "square" lol ... Nah to be truthful there is no joy or motivation for me to drink or smoke, there is no hunger for me to do those things so i dont... with music and performing there's a starving feeling and it motivates me to eat from it... There aren't many feelings like people singing your words back at you or performing on stage...Music is truly a passion!

Where do you see yourself this time next year

H.F. This time next year I see myself rocking festivals nationally and worldwide, placing my stamp in music-- NOT just rap but music period. I dont just rap or do hiphop...I make music, and rap is just my most frequent medium


Anything else that you would like to say, now's your chance?


H.F. Yea, please check me out on Hollywoodfloss.bandcamp.com and if you like what you hear buy the music! and to those trying to downplay my music name...worry about the music not a title!

No comments:

Post a Comment